On one of the days before any of my brothers and sister came, we went to Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. It was nice that my parents got Sadie and Ian all to themselves at the zoo. Everyone had a lot of fun. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. This was the first visit for Ian to the zoo. He really loved all of the animals. I don't think he could have been more excited. That kid just goes and goes. We were able to get there in the morning right when they opened. Since it was such a cool day outside all of the animals were out and about. There were also a few baby animals that we saw. After seeing most of the animals, we stopped for lunch at the zoo food court. We then saw the last few animals on our way out. After a stop at the Zoo store for a stuffed penguin and a animal truck we headed out just in time for nap time. I think they both fell asleep before we left the parking lot. It was a wonderful day!
Look at that big girl!
Ian really loved the Hippos. It was actually cool enough outside that they were out playing in the water.
"What's that Grandpa?" Ian was his Grandpa's little buddy at the zoo. He always wanted to walk by him and hold his hand. It was super cute.
My two little monkeys. I think they fit right in.
We saw some really big Elk.
And some big Giraffes.
Sadie and Ian climbed into a pretend fox hole. Sadie is pretending to be a fox mama.
They both really liked the bears. I think we spent the most time watching them. They were really active. It was feeding time too. One of them came right up to the glass and was walking in the water. It was pretty neat.
Ian really loved watching the fish.
A baby Sloth bear.
Some Penguins.
Sadie sitting in a Penguin nest. I think I have a picture of her sitting in this same spot when she was much smaller.
I really like this picture. Too bad it looks like the Penguin is missing a head.
Time for lunch!
They have a little farm area where you can pet goats. They both petted them of course.
The Flamingos were the last on our stop. They loved them of course.
What a cute family!
No comments:
Post a Comment