Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Frozen Party!!

Yesterday was Sadie's big Frozen birthday party.  I think she has been planning it since her last birthday. Maybe I should have started planning then too.  It was a lot of work but I think it turned out great!  This was Sadie's first friends party too.  Usually we just have a party with family but this year she wanted to invite her friends from church and her cousin Lizzie.  We had lots of Frozen inspired food to eat and played some games and did a craft.  When the girls showed up we played a game of Musical snowflakes and then Pin the Nose on Olaf.  I am pretty sure some of them were peeking.  After that we had lunch.  We had "We finish each others sandwiches" (ham and cheese snowflake sandwiches), Elsa's Icy punch, Sven Snacks(carrots, grapes, pretzels, and apples), Kristoff's ice cubes(jello squares), Anna's cheesy snowballs, Olaf Marshmallows(marshmallows dipped in white chocolate), Kisses to melt a Frozen heart (Hershey's kisses), and some Frosty Cupcakes.  I think they loved all of the food.  They sure ate a lot of it.  After lunch we made some glitter bracelets.  They made a huge mess but the girls really liked the final product.  I found the idea here.  After that was cupcakes and presents and then they all went and played in Sadie's room until it was time to go.  Oh and we also did Sadie's hair like Elsa's coronation hairstyle.  Sadie found a video online that showed how to do it.  After practicing a few times I think it turned out ok.  That was our compromise so that Sadie wouldn't wear her Elsa costume to the party.  Overall I think it went well.  Sorry there are a lot of pictures.















 


 





Eating some lunch.
 




Making some bracelets.
 




The whole gang, and Ian.
 


This is what Ian did as soon as he could eat treats.  He ate about 10 of those marshmallows.
 

Opening presents.
 


 

Sadie's Elsa hair.
 


These were the favors that each of them got as they left.


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet party! I love the names for all the food. And brave lady to do anything glitter with that many kids. Seriously, I am a glitter wimp. Looks like Sadie really enjoyed her party!!

    ReplyDelete