Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring Break

So after a day off of school for snow and then the next day being Friday it felt like a little extended Spring break.  It was a good week.  We were busy though.  Sadie's birthday always falls on Spring break so we had a lot to plan for that and for her big Frozen birthday party on Saturday.  On one day though we did have time to make something together.  We made some pretzel dogs.  I found the recipe here.  They were easy to make and tasted really good.  The kids had fun helping mix things and rolling out the dough like a snake.  I ended up rolling most of it because they got tired or rolling.  Oh well.  After the pretzel dogs were done, they got to watch a movie and each lunch.  Sadie kept coming to me and asking for more pretzel dogs.  By dog #4 I told her that she had had enough but she insisted that she was still hungry so I let her have one more.  When I walked past her plate to go the kitchen I noticed that she had just been eating the pretzel part and not the hot dog.  Silly girl.  She is my little salt lover.  Now I see why she was still hungry.


Sadie was excited that I let her use a knife and cut the hot dogs.
 


Ready to roll out some snakes.
 


Those hot dogs are all ready to go into a baking soda bath.
 




All warm and toasty. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment