Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 1 of Ice

 We woke up on Monday with no school and ice.  I was hoping that the ice wouldn't be so bad that they would cancel school but I guess it was.  I came up with all kinds of activities to keep us busy.  That way I was hoping that there would be less fighting and thus less yelling from me.  The kids love fondue so we made that for lunch.  While they were eating they just kept telling me how much they loved it.  After lunch they snuggled on the couch and had popcorn and chocolate while they watched a movie.  That also gave me a little time to get stuff done.  After lunch we made snow paintings.  We mixed shaving cream with white glue and glitter and away they painted.  They really liked it.  They made some cute snowman with it.  After painting they wanted to go out and play in the ice.  I told them that playing in ice is not really fun, it is just cold, but they wanted to go out anyways.  They actually lasted longer than I expected.  I think they had a great day.  Now lets hope that his ice melts so that Sadie can go to school tomorrow because I used up all of my good activity ideas already.



Fondue for lunch.
 




All snuggled up and watching a movie.
 




Snow paint.  It was really easy to make.  Just equal parts white glue and shaving cream with a little glitter on top.
 



Ian's snowman.
 


Sadie's snowman.
 


Playing in the ice.  I didn't get very many good pictures because they were moving around a lot and I didn't want to stay out in the cold.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment