After getting back from watching that family it was already the middle of the week. The next day we had time to clean up and do laundry and then on Wednesday the kids went to work with Noah ALL DAY LONG!! It was so nice. I was able to relax and do a craft and just be by myself. The kids had fun at work with Noah too. They watched movies, did activities, had donuts, and lunch and the SWAT team even came to visit. After the SWAT team did their presentation they asked the kids if they had any questions. Much to Noah's surprise, who walked in right as it happened, Ian raised up his little hand to ask a question. He asked "When you catch the bad guys do you kill them?" The SWAT member just answered "sometimes but not all the time. They try not to." I was surprised that Ian was brave enough to do that. He is a silly boy. After that day it was time to catch up on some things at the house and get ready for the 4th of July! That morning on the 4th we had the opportunity to go to the kids cousin Sam's baptism. It was nice to attend and be with family. We then all went out to eat afterwards. We then headed home. No one in Noah's family was able to come to a bbq at our house later that night so we just invited over Christopher and had a small little party and then headed to the fireworks here in McKinney. We got a good parking spot and the kids just couldn't wait for the fireworks to begin. They played with their light sticks until they started. Ian and Sadie loved the fireworks! Then when they were over, it was time for our long wait to get out of the parking lot. It took about an hour. The kids got to bed late but it was a fun day!
Happy 4th of July!
This is the chocolate cake that I make every year for the 4th. My Grandma used to make it every year when I was growing up.
This is the little snack I made to take with us to the fireworks.
I also made this cool drink!
Waiting for the fireworks.













No comments:
Post a Comment