This week I actually got pictures of us going to the splash pad. We usually go every Monday but I always forget to take pictures. We went to a splash pad in Allen that also has a big area of sand to play in. Ian just loves playing in the sand! I think he could dig with his trucks all day long. You can tell by Ian's red cheeks that it was hot outside that day too but that doesn't seem to matter to him. Sadie had fun in the sand too. I think she likes the splash pad better. I am also sure that we had to do some digging to find all of the trucks in the sand that Ian buried before we could leave. That is always fun.
Before our baking project for the week the kids were able to go outside and play in the backyard and draw with some chalk. They don't last too long out there. Even though it is shaded it still gets hot pretty fast.
For our baking project we made homemade Cheez-its. They were easier to make than I thought and they tasted pretty good too. I found the recipe here. The only thing I would change is that I would leave out the red pepper flakes. It made them a little too spicy for us. We are mild salsa kind of people around here. On the plus side, Noah finished them off because he loves spicy things.
Mixing up the dough.
This is my attempt at trying to make it square.
I let Ian and Sadie poke all of the holes in the crackers. They really liked that part.
Yummy! I highly recommend making these.








No comments:
Post a Comment