The last busy day of this week has finally arrived. Ian's Dinosaur party! I procrastinated a lot on his party. We were just so busy but I managed to get most of everything done on time. I had fun planning this party. I was glad it was dinosaurs. He had originally wanted a rubber ducky party. That would have been weird. He wanted a cake with all of his bathtub ducks all over it. I am glad he changed his mind. Since Ian's birthday was just after the 4th and we already had family together, I let him have a friends party. He invited 6 of his friends including two of his cousins. I think they had a lot of fun. We had dinosaur sandwiches to eat. Also herbivore snacks, and dinosaur eggs, and Velociraptor claws, and swamp sludge, and fossil cookies and cupcakes. I also put cute little party hats on the toy dinosaurs. They looked so cute! Just so you know there are a lot of pictures to follow. Sorry.
All ready to party!
We had Herbivore snacks.
Fossil cookies
Carnivore snacks
Velociraptor claws
Swamp sludge
We had some nice dinosaur foot prints to lead the way to the food.
As the kids were arriving, I had dinosaur coloring pages for them to color.
We also played "Feed the T-Rex"
Ian trying to feed that hungry dinosaur.
After that game we fed these little dinosaurs.
The chocolate milk was the biggest hit.
We then went digging for fossils. Surprisingly most of the sand stayed in the buckets.
The kids then put on their dinosaur feet and masks and grabbed a pair of binoculars to go on a dinosaur egg hunt. They really liked this activity.
All ready to find those baby dinosaur eggs.
We then sang "Happy Birthday" and had cupcakes and cookies.
We then opened presents. Ian just kept saying "this is so cool, I love it!"
And these were the cute favor bags we gave out. They had the jelly beans in them and some stickers and a game and all of their dino eggs, binoculars etc. that they got at the party.
It was such a wonderful party. I think everyone had a good time. Now a break from party planning.
My favorite is the dinos on the table wearing party hats!! What a fun party!
ReplyDelete