This Thanksgiving things went a little more according to plan. We didn't wake up on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with 2 kids that looked like they had pink eye. This year we were able to get up and eat breakfast and head for Oklahoma City right after breakfast. The kids did really good on the drive up. They usually do. We lucked out with kids that are good travelers. After we checked into our hotel in Oklahoma city we headed to a mall and let the kids play on the playspace and get some wiggles out. We then went to a couple other stores and headed to Red Robin for dinner. After dinner the kids were ready to swim! Luckily the hotel we stay in has a heated indoor pool. I think Sadie and Ian could have swam all night long. After baths it was bedtime. I think they both fell asleep before their heads hit the pillow. The next morning we ate breakfast at the hotel with Noah's parents, got dressed, and then headed over to Mema's house. It is always so nice to spend Thanksgiving with family. There was good food and good company and the cousins got to play together.

Ian sitting at the hotel. He was sad that we were getting ready to leave the hotel for the mall. He wanted to stay and watch a show. That kid is a tv addict.
Our family photo. We try to take one every year around this time. I don't know if I have a favorite but I like bits of them all.
Finally it was time to eat. I am glad that Sadie and Ian have such wonderful cousins that they get along with.
There are some dogs in the neighbors yard that the kids love. Ian spent most of his time running back and forth and back and forth chasing a dog.
On our way home we were going to stop at McDonalds and get something for the kids to eat for dinner. Apparently all of the McDonald's and other fast food places in Oklahoma close on Thanksgiving. We went to 3 or 4 of them until we finally got back in Texas to find one that was open. The kids were pretty hungry by then. We made it back home safe though and I made it out to do a little black friday shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment