On December 8th we took Sadie into the doctor for a check-up. Her lung function had been down for a couple of months and it wasn't coming up so they told us that we were going to have to admit her into the hospital for treatment. This was the first time she has ever had to be admitted for CF related problems. We have been lucky. I however was not happy that it was just a little over 2 weeks before Christmas and I was worried that she wouldn't be home in time. Noah was able to take the time off of work to stay with her at the hospital and Ian and I took care of stuff at home. I don't do well with being stuck in a hospital. I am glad that I have Noah for that. Ian and I tried to go up every day after lunch and hang out until bedtime. Ian did however catch a stomach bug and a bad cold that kept us away for several days. Sadie was feeling good and happy the whole time she was there. Who wouldn't be, they brought her new toys to KEEP pretty much every day. Also since it was close to Christmas celebrities would stop by and give her stuff. She had the Texas Rangers stop by and Dirk Nowitski of the Mavericks, and some pilots. They all gave her gifts. Lets just say we came home with way more stuff than we took into the hospital with us. Sadie also got to watch movies (Frozen) over and over again, and drive her Dad crazy watching songs from the movie on the ipad over and over and videos of how to do princess hair. She got to go to the playroom a lot and sometimes Ian was there to go with her. There were also play therapists that would bring her crafts to do and music therapy where her and Ian got to play musical instruments. And anytime Sadie got a gift they gave one to Ian too. I hated that she was in the hospital but I am so glad that it was mostly a pleasant stay. She missed school but she was ok with that. She pretty much played all day except when she had to get her IV antibiotics. That is the only time she was sitting still. Sadie was there for 14 long days but she was able to go home before Christmas! I was so excited about that. We were so blessed. Oh and apparently I didn't take many pictures of Sadie. Mostly just Ian I guess.

Ian doing one of his craft projects.
Ian got a coloring book with superhero masks in it. Lets just say he loved them.
This is the only picture I got of Sadie. She sure looks happy though.
Here is a video of Ian dancing to the Rock n Roll music at the hospital. I love the faces that he makes. I think we have a rock star in the making.
Here is another video of Ian playing the little guitar that Dirk gave to Sadie. He just made up this song.
No comments:
Post a Comment