Saturday, January 10, 2015

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a really nice day.  Noah did have to go into work but he got off a little early.  We were able to make cookies and wrap presents and just spend time together.  After having Sadie in the hospital it was just nice to be together.  We ate our traditional dinner of sandwiches and salad and chips and dip.  It was yummy.  We then cleaned up the dishes and had our little cookie and hot cocoa party.  I didn't make as may cookies as I had planned but it didn't matter.  What mattered is that we were together.  We then opened the boxes that my family had sent us with presents in them and put them under the tree.  We used to do this when I was a little girl with the boxes we got from my mom's family.  After that we opened one present which was pajamas.  Uncle Jason even got some.  After the kids took showers and got ready for bed we read the Christmas story from the scriptures and "Twas the Night Before Christmas."  We left our cookies for Santa and then the kids headed off to bed.  Noah, Jason and I then watched the movie "Serenity" while we, I mean me, wrapped presents.  We got to bed at a descent time I think.  It was before midnight.  That is pretty good.  I am sure the kids got plenty of sleep.  Maybe.


This picture isn't from Christmas Eve but I forgot to put it in earlier so here is a before and after picture of the tree.


Opening new pajamas.
 




The cookies!
 

I am pretty sure Ian had been waiting all day to eat those cookies.
 



Now they are all ready for bed and for Santa to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment