Friday, June 19, 2015

Week 2: Pizza Pockets and Butterfly Feeder

This week was our first full week home to do summer stuff.  On Monday we headed to the splash pad and played in the water and watched a movie at home.  On Tuesday we rode bikes outside in the morning and then we made these really good Pizza Pockets.  I found the recipe here.  They were really easy to make and they tasted really good.  The kids had fun making them.  Later that week on Thursday we made a butterfly feeder for our activity.  It was easy to make and looked nice but it didn't really attract any butterflies.  It mostly attracted ants to it.  Oh well.  Maybe if I put it closer to some flowers it would work better.  I found the idea here.  I thought it was a fun little project.  I might try the plate one next time.  The jar one just dripped sugar water all over the place. It was nice to have a week to spend at home though.  I think the kids enjoyed it too.



Riding bikes.  And yes Sadie still has her training wheels.  Trust me I have tried to get rid of them but she is too big of a chicken to try to ride without them and I don't have the patience to teach her yet.



Ian loves to ride on Sadie's scooter.




Making Pizza Pockets




This is the dough all rolled out and ready to cut into circles.




Ian really loved making his own little pockets.  He really got into it and did a great job!




All baked and ready to eat!




 Butterfly Feeder



While were were making the sugar mixture, Ian wanted to measure the tomato from our garden.





And the completed project!

No comments:

Post a Comment