Thursday, June 11, 2015

Our trip: Day 2

Since the lake was closed I had to rethink all of our activities. I had planned on spending all of day 2 at the lake but now we couldn't.   I am so glad that our cabin had a hot tub.  After we ate breakfast, out on the deck of course, we let the kids go swim in the hot tub.  We just turned the temperature down so that it wasn't so hot. I just sat out on the deck and watched them.  I finally had to pull them out after like over 2 hours.  They had to eat lunch after all.  After lunch we took a drive into town to try and find some kids garden place.  And as our luck would have it, it was closed too.  So we headed back to our cabin and stopped at a place to get some homemade fudge.  It was really good.  Then the kids and I just relaxed and watched a show in bed and played on the deck. We also played some games inside like "Uno" and "Go Fish."  After dinner we made a fire and roasted s'mores.  Since it was still pretty warm outside the kids didn't really have that much interest in standing near the fire and roasting marshmallows.  They did, however, have and interest in eating the s'mores.  After all that fun it was time for showers and bed.  They were so exhausted.  After the kids went to bed Noah and I got in the hot tub.  It was such a nice night out.  We could see all of the stars.  It was nice to just sit and relax.


Eating breakfast on the deck.


Swimming time!!






Some fudge.


Chocolate peanut butter, salted caramel dark chocolate, and mint chocolate fudge.


Watching a show in bed.


Playing on the deck.




A little relaxing time inside.


Playing 'Scrabble" with Dad.


This is how Ian relaxes.  A chair and a Tablet.


Helping Daddy make a fire.











Mmmm s'mores!



No comments:

Post a Comment