Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Our trip: Day 1

I finally convinced Noah to rent a cabin up in Oklahoma for a vacation.  I have been wanting to go for a LONG time but Noah hates camping and anything to do with the outdoors.  So I found a place that has a lot to do outdoors but comes with a cabin with AC and satelite tv etc.  It was perfect!  We couldn't check-in until 3 pm on Wednesday so we packed up and headed out at lunch time.  It is only a 3 hour drive so we started on the road and brought our lunch with us.  It was such a pretty drive.  I have never been that far east in Texas.  It is really pretty there.  The kids had plenty of activities to keep them busy in the car so it was a nice drive.  After we got to the cabin we unloaded and let the kids get all of their wiggles out.  We just kind of hung out around the cabin for a little bit.  The cabin was just beautiful!  It was nice and secluded and surrounded by lots of trees.  Sadie and Ian were in heaven.  Noah was just glad there was AC and internet.  I just loved it.  We then made some dinner and then took a drive to find the lake and activities. Unfortunately, due to all the rain we have had the lake and all the activities by the lake were CLOSED!  We found a spot to walk down to the water and it was really flooded.  The lake was just too high to let people out on it.  I was so sad.  Now I had to think of other activities to do.  Noah was happy. He wouldn't have to go hangout outside.  On our drive though we saw a lot of deer.  We even saw a mom with 2 little babies.  They were so cute.  After our drive we headed back to the cabin and got the kids all ready for bed. Noah let the kids stay up and look at all of the stars outside.  Sadie and Ian thought that was pretty cool. It was way past their bedtime but oh well, we are on vacation!


This is my attempt at trying to get a picture of the field of black-eyed susans.  It was really pretty.


The kids doing some activities on our drive.



The Cabin!!


Master bathroom


Living room


Dining room/ kitchen.  It was all just one open space with the living room too.  It was nice.


Kids bedroom.  They loved being able to sleep together.




Master bedroom


Our nicely set table.



The deck.  I think I spend almost our whole trip out here. I just loved it.




This was our dinner the first night.  BBQ chicken...


and watermelon...


and pasta salad....


and cookies for dessert.


It is hard to see in this picture but this is the mom deer and her 2 little babies.


All ready for bed.


When I went in to check on them later that night they were asleep holding hands.  It was so cute I just had to get a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment