Monday, April 7, 2014

Baptism Day!

 On Saturday March 15th  our little Sadie Rose made the decision to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It was such a special day.  Sadie was so excited.  I don't know if she even slept much the night before.  I was worried that Sadie would freak out when she got into the water and not want to do it but she didn't.  When we got into the changing room after her baptism she said to me "Mommy aren't you so proud that I just got in the water and did it?  I wasn't even scared!"  My little girl is growing up.  My parents were able to come down for the baptism and almost all of Noah's family was there too.  It was really nice to have everyone support Sadie in her decision.  She is my special little girl.  My mom said the opening prayer followed by my dad giving a talk on baptism.  She was then baptized.  Noah's mom then gave a sweet talk about the Holy Ghost.  She had 8 little props in a bag to remind Sadie about the Holy Ghost.  She was confirmed and then her little cousin Madeline gave the closing prayer.  It was adorable.  After her baptism we took some pictures outside and then headed over to our house for a Baptism/Birthday celebration.  I told Sadie it would be mostly about her baptism and not her birthday.  She was ok with that thank goodness.  Here are some pictures from the day.


This is the invitation that I sent out for her baptism.
 

The table display.
 

Sadie and her Dad.
 

Sadie and her cousin Madeline.
 

Our newest member of the church.
 

Our little family.


Sadie with her Texas Grandparents.
 

Sadie with her Washington Grandparents.


The whole gang that was there.


We just kept the party simple.  Sadie wanted pink and white decorations.  We had sandwiches from Costco, Frog-eye salad, spinach salad, chips and pink lemonade.
 



The cake.  I think it turned out really pretty.  It was just a white cake with a strawberry and cream filling with white frosting.  Yum!
 


All the cousins eating together.
 



It is not a great picture, but this is the inside of the cake.
 

These two little monsters were found sitting on the window with a bunch of opened and eaten Hershey kisses in front of them.  You could say that they both like sugar and chocolate.
 

After eating, Sadie got to open some birthday presents.
 

Her cousin Madeline made Sadie a special necklace and bracelet out of her special beads.
 

Her Aunt Kris gave her a little suitcase for her to keep special things in it.
 


Her Grandma Craig got her a special charm necklace.  It has a monkey, some paints, books, a letter S, a birthstone flower, a charm that says "faith", and a charm that says "Guide me" inside of the necklaceIt was a really special necklace for a really special girl on her special day.


1 comment:

  1. I spied the frog eye, and all was right with the world.

    Congrats, Sadie! Can't believe she is so old! :)

    ReplyDelete