Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 4: Granola Energy Bars and Bubbles

This week for our cooking project we made No-Bake Granola energy balls.  I found the recipe here.  They were super easy to make and really, really tasty.  We did make a few changes to them though.  Sadie is allergic to peanut butter so we used almond butter.  I also didn't have any flax seed so we just left it out.  They tasted just like cookie dough a little.  I loved them.  Ian and Sadie really liked them too.  I highly suggest trying to make them.
 
 
Sadie wanted to do a ballerina pose for the picture.
 
 
Some of the ingredients.  The coconut was toasting when I took this picture.
 
 
Mixing it up.
 
 
This is what it looked like before we refrigerated it.
 
 
The final product after we rolled them in balls.  Yum!!  I could eat a million of these.
 
 
We also made some giant bubbles to play with.  I used this recipe.  It was easy to mix up but they were supposed to be unpoppable ones but they were not.  It made good bubbles though.  There was one problem though.  The mix has corn syrup in them so everything just ended up super sticky.  So I probably won't make this mix again but Sadie and Ian had fun with it.
 




1 comment:

  1. What a good mommy you are!!! Always doing fun things with your kids!! I can't believe how big Sadie is getting and my oh my Ian's hair sure is red!!

    ReplyDelete