Back in May, Texas got some pretty bad storms. One day while Sadie was at school, McKinney got 70mph winds and a ton of rain. I was a little bit scared. Ian was taking a nap and Sadie was at school. It was quiet outside and then the wind started. We have 5 huge trees in our yard and their branches were banging on the windows and the roof. It was really loud. When I looked out our back door after the wind went away I was one of our trees in the backyard on the ground. It had been split in half by lightning. It fell on our awning and the fence. We were blessed that it didn't fall on the house. We have had the tree taken down now. Our once completely shaded backyard now gets sun on one side. There are a few pluses to it though. Now I might be able to grow a garden on that side and we get a new fence and a new roof and awning. I really miss the tree though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment