Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 3: Frozen Yogurt and Marble Painting

This week for our cooking project we made Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt.  I found the recipe here.  It was really easy to put together and it tasted just like cookie dough.  It was so yummy!  Sadie and Ian didn't love it.  It is pretty rich but Noah and I really liked it.
 
 
Getting the butter all ready.  She loves adding ingredients to things.
 

 
This is what it looks like before it goes in the freezer.  Yum!
 
For our craft we did marble painting.  Basically you put paper or a canvas in a box.  Put paint on a marble and roll it around.  Sadie loved the rolling around part.  The picture is all done and she wants to hang it in her room.  I found the idea here.    It was pretty fun!
 


 
Rolling the ball around.  We didn't have any marbles so I just used a bouncy ball.
 

 
The final product.  Pretty cool!
 
That day after Ian's nap they also went on an animal safari.  Sadie was so excited for it she just couldn't wait.  We made binoculars out of toilet paper rolls.  I also made up a check list for them with all of the animals I had hidden in the house written on it.  They just loved it.  They used their binoculars to find the animals and after they found them all Sadie was ready to do it again.  Ian and I went into my room while Sadie hid the animals.  We then came out and found them all.  We repeated this several times.  I think they liked it.
 


 
My little explorers.
 


1 comment:

  1. That frozen yogurt looks amazing!
    I remember doing marble painting in my kindergarten class! Our teacher and parent helpers cut out paper circles to fit in the bottom of pie tins and then we rolled the marbles around in there - how fun!

    ReplyDelete