Summer has officially begun! Just like last year I decided to have a schedule of activities for everyday of the week. That way the kids don't get bored and then maybe, just maybe, I might have time to get things done. We are doing about the same schedule as last summer. On Mondays we go to a splash park, Tuesdays we cook something, Wednesdays we go swimming, Thursdays we do a craft and Friday is library day. Well this is week one of our summer. I usually don't have pictures of the water park days but this week I did. We went and played at the sand/ splash pad in Fairview. They just love it there.
Ian didn't want to play in the sand. He decided he would rather dump his fruit snack on the ground and eat it.
This is the girl that loves the sand.
After a morning of sand and water we ate some lunch and then headed home for a much needed nap.
On Tuesday our cooking activity was to make Homemade Pretzels. They were pretty easy to make and oh so tasty. I used the recipe here. Sadie loved making them.
She is all ready to start baking.
Rolling out the dough. I think Ian just liked making little snakes.
The dough is resting.
Now the pretzels are taking a baking soda bath.
All buttered and salted and ready to bake.
Baked and ready to eat. They were super yummy! They only keep for about a day at room temperature so I guess you just have to eat them all.
Our craft on Thursday was to do painting with watercolors, glue and salt. Sadie really liked it. I got the idea here. It was really easy and I think it turned out pretty cool.
The final products. She made the blue and green one for Noah for Father's Day. She wants him to put it on his desk at work.
After painting when Ian got up from his nap we decided to make some Foam dough. It was a little messy although it did clean up easy. It was kind of a guessing game as to how much shaving cream was needed to make a soft dough. Eventually we figured it out. They did play with it for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment