Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 8: Finger painting and Freezer Jam

This week we did a little finger painting and made some freezer jam.  Sadie wasn't super interested in the finger painting but she still liked it.  I found the flower idea here.  I thought it turned out cute.  It was a fun little project that kept her busy for at least a little while.




The final product.  I love it!  It too is on the fridge for all to see.


After she finished her picture she just wanted to paint something with a brush.  I think she liked that more.


Here is what I made with my fingerprints.


Here is Sadie's version of my picture.  It is so cute.


We also made freezer jam with this recipe.  It was really easy to make and was sugar-free.  I think it tasted good and so does Sadie but it is a little tarter than regular jam.  I think next time I will add a little sugar.  It does need a little sweetness to it but it did set up perfectly and I was able to fill 3 16oz containers with jam.  That will last us awhile.


Smooshing up the berries.  Sadie loved this part.



Stirring in the pectin and apple juice.



The final project.  We will definately make this again.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try that recipe!! I like your summer activities! I might steal some!!

    ReplyDelete