Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 6: Bouncy balls and Ice cream sandwiches

For our craft this week we decided to make bouncy balls.  Sadie's cousin Madeline was over and I thought it was a good activity to keep them busy.  They liked making them eventhough they didn't really bounce or turn out like balls.  It was more like silly putty.  They liked making snakes with it though.  I got the idea here.

This is the lovely mess it made.  Not too bad.


This is what they looked like.


Sadie with her long snake.

We also made homemade ice cream sandwiches.  They were really yummy and Sadie like making them.  We made homemade vanilla ice cream just using a recipe in the booklet that came with the machine.  I used this recipe to make the cookie part.  They were a little messy to make but that is because my icecream was so soft.  They tasted really good though and were even better a couple days later.  I highly recommend making them.

Sadie didn't really have the patience to wait for the icec ream to be made.  She wanted it to go faster.


After spreading the ice cream in the wrong sized pan, we finally got it right and Sadie liked spreading it out.

Sadie poking the holes in the cookies before we baked them.  Yes she is using one of her doll bottle tops to make the holes.  I didn't have any skewers.


I think she liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment