Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 7: Paper trees and Baked Oatmeal

This week we made paper trees and Baked Oatmeal.  It was a lot of fun and Sadie of course loved it.  I got the idea for the trees here.  She had fun putting glue on all of the pieces and I must say she was very creative as to how she layered the circles.  She did a great job!

Putting the tree trunk on.


Sticking on all of the circles.


I think it turned out great.  She was very proud of it.  It is hanging on the fridge so everyone can see it.


We also made some Baked oatmeal.  It was really easy to make and it tasted really good.  I got the recipe here.  I love that they tasted good and are actually good for you.


Sadie smashing up the banana.


This is what the batter looked like.  It was pretty runny but they baked up perfect.  The recipe said that it only made like 18 muffins but I was able to fill 24 with still a little left over.  Maybe I could have filled them fuller because they don't actually rise at all.  I also used the advice to spray the cupcake liners with Pam.  That helped the oatmeal to not stick to the wrapper.


We put several toppings on them.  This was my favorite with dark chocolate chips on top.


We also did raisin...


and walnut. 


Yum!


As you can see, both Sadie and Ian loved them.  Ian would gobble up a whole one in one sitting.  I will definately be making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment