Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 8: Oatmeal muffins and Birdnest necklaces

This week for our baking project we make Chocolate chip Oatmeal muffins.  I found the recipe here.  I did make a few changes though.  I used dark chocolate chips instead of the mini ones.  Ian also wanted a banana in it so we added one.  I also added some pecans and about a teaspoon of cinnamon.  They were easy to make and they tasted really good.  The kids ate them everyday until they were gone.  They didn't last long.




Mixing the ingredients and taking turns.




They are all ready to go in the oven.
 

Fresh out of the oven.  Yum!
 




For our craft project, Ian colored some pirates and Sadie and I made some Bird nest necklaces.  I found the project here.   They were so easy to make.  Sadie of course picked out pink and purple beads.  Those are her favorite colors.  She loved her necklace so much she wore it to her cousins wedding reception later that week.



We have our supplies!
 


Now we have the beads on the wire.
 


Sadie wrapped and wrapped her wire.  Now she has her necklace.
 


This is my necklace.
 

This one is Sadie's.


Our two necklaces.  I think they turned out pretty good for our first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment