Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 7: Painting, pretzel dogs and diapers

This week we painted, made pretzel dogs and Sadie sewed some baby doll diapers.  It was a fun week.  We of course still our usual day at the splash pad and a day at the pool for playgroup.  The weather has been super nice this summer.  It really hasn't gotten too hot yet.  I know that that will change.  We had gone to JoAnn's one day and I let the kids pick out something to paint.  Sadie picked a treasure chest and Ian picked a bird house.  Those two just love to paint.  It is fun to watch them.  They are just so focused on their painting.


 






These are the final products.  I think they did a great job.  Ian pretty much just covered his in paint.  Sadie painted each side of hers a different color.
 

One day for lunch we made Pretzel dogs.  I got the recipe here.   They were really easy to make and they were soft and chewy.  They were really good.  We even had enough leftover dough to make some pretzels.  Sadie loved them of course.  They are covered in salt.  She is just a salty girl.  Ian loved them too.  They had them for lunch and then they wanted a pretzel for a snack and after dinner and then when they woke up the next morning.  I guess they liked them.


Watching the yeast "burp."
 


Rolling all of the dough into balls. 


Now rolling them into "snakes."
 

All wrapped up and ready to go. 



Don't they look good?
 



Lunchtime!!
 


Later in the week, Sadie worked on her sewing some more.  This time we made some super simple baby doll diapers.  All she had to do was cut them out and sew on some elastic.  I showed her how to do the first one and then she did all of the rest by herself.  She keeps telling me that she is a good sewer.  She is funny.  She did a great job.  I found the project pattern here.
 

Cutting out all of the diapers.  She picked out all of the felt by herself.  She wanted colorful diapers.
 

Sewing on the velcro.
 


Here they are all done!  They fit all of her dolls perfectly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment