Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 6: Icecream in a bag and sleeping bag

After a week of parties and fun with cousins we got back to your regular routine.  This week we made ice cream in a bag and Sadie sewed a sleeping bag for her doll.  The ice cream was fun to make.  It made a huge mess.  It tasted good though.  The only problem was that the bags with the ice and salt didn't stay sealed very well so we ended up with ice and salt all over the table.  The kids liked shaking the bags though.  I think they liked having dessert before lunch too.  They didn't eat too much of the ice cream either.  They just don't like really cold things.  Oh well.



All of the ingredients ready to go.


Ian of course needed a taste of the chocolate.


Shake, shake, shake!




Part 2 of Sadie's sewing school, we decided to sew a sleeping bag for her doll.  I figured it would be easy and just straight sewing.  She cut it all out and pinned it up with a little help.  After that she was on her way.  She did awesome!  I think she has a natural talent.  It turned out great.  I found the pattern here.   It was really easy to make.  She pretty much did it all on her own.  She even made a little pillow to go with it.



Pinning it up.

Making the pillow.



Finished product.  It turned out cute.  She played with it all day.




No comments:

Post a Comment