Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week 10: Birthday cake Ice cream and Fooseball table

 This week we made some Birthday cake ice cream.  I found the recipe here.  It was really easy to make.  The kids had more fun making it than they did eating it.  It tasted ok but it is mostly cool whip so it tasted like birthday cake cool whip.  It was still good though.  It just wasn't really ice cream.



Breaking up the brownie pieces.  I just bought the Little Debbie brownies for them to cut up.  I didn't want to make homemade ones.
 



Getting all mixed up and ready for the brownie bites.
 


They really loved licking the spoons.  I almost think it tasted better not frozen.
 


All ready to go in the freezer.
 

I let it freeze until dinner time.  It actually tasted better the next day when it was really frozen solid.  By dinner time it was more of marshmallow fluff consistency. 
 
This week we also made a mini Fooseball table for the kids to play with.  I got the idea here.  They painted up their "players" and sticks.  They love to paint so they loved doing that part.  I only wish we would have had a larger shoe box.  It would have given more room for the pieces to move around.  They still loved making it and playing with it.  They played with it for quite awhile.


 Painting up the pieces.




Finished product.  I would have wrapped the box up with paper like the tutorial said but I didn't want to do all that work.  I figured they would still play with it anyways.
 


Game time!  Whenever Ian scored a goal he would shout "Yes!"  Funny boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment