Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 11: Solar S'mores

This week we were busy getting everything ready for the first day of school so we didn't do as many activities.  We went to the splash pad, the pool and made solar s'mores!  I really love s'mores.  Apparently Sadie does too because she kept telling me over and over again that she could eat like 5 of them.  We had all the ingredients.  Well I thought I did.  I opened the box of graham crackers to find that there were only 2 crackers left.  I thought the box was full.  Oh well, there was enough for the kids to each have one.  I found the idea here.  Since it has been so hot outside I knew they would work out perfectly.  The kids really loved making them.  They didn't like waiting for them though.  They turned out really yummy!



 Ready to go!



All stacked and ready to go in the box,
 


We put them out in the backyard.  I put them up on a box just in case any bugs wanted a taste.
 

We left them out there for about an hour.  They were all ooey and gooey!
 




Yum!  Ian ended up just wanting to eat a chocolate bar.  He thought the s'more was too messy.  He doesn't like to get his hands very dirty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment