Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve this year was really nice.  I did spend most of it in the kitchen but it was still fun.  I wasn't rushing to get stuff done.  We made cookies, and then decorated cookies.  We continued our tradition of taking cookies to some families near us.  We chose 4 families and put together a little box with cookies and some hot cocoa.  We went out and delivered them and then came home and ate dinner.  We had our traditional sandwiches, chips and dip, cherry salad and drink.  After dinner we had our traditional Christmas Eve party with cookies and hot cocoa.  I love that part of Christmas. After that the kids opened the box of presents that my family sent to us and put the presents under the tree.  Sadie and Ian always try to figure out what the gift is.  This year one of them for Ian did have a rip in it but he couldn't figure out what it was.  After that the kids opened the presents with their new pajamas in it.  I was able to find some pajamas for Sadie that had matching pajamas for an American Girl doll.  She just LOVED them.  She was so excited to put them on her and her doll Rebecca.  Ian loved his pajamas too.  We got him some more of the slippers that we got him last year because he loved them so much he wore a hole in them.  I even got new pajamas this year!  It was nice.  After that the kids got ready for bed and Noah read the Christmas story out of the scriptures and then finished with "Twas the Night Before Christmas."  The evening just isn't complete without that story.  The kids left out cookies for Santa, a cheese for Santa mouse and a carrot for the reindeer.  Then they headed to bed and Noah and I wrapped presents.  I think we were only up until midnight this year.  That is an improvement.  We will see if Sadie and Ian get any sleep tonight.  They were pretty excited!  I am too!!




Decorating sugar cookies





Gift baskets for the neighbors.



Our Christmas Eve party.  Yummy cookies!!





I think they are ready to eat some cookies!



Opening the box from Grandma Barrett




Pajama present time!




Cookies for Santa



Reading stories


Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment