Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

The Monday before Christmas we made our Gingerbread Houses for FHE.  I love how they turned out.  Ian was so excited to make his.  Sadie and Ian have become much more independent in making their houses.  I just glued together the main house part and gave them each a bag of "glue" and away they went.  Ian was so cute trying to squeeze his glue onto the candy.  He didn't quite catch on.  I just ended up squirting a bunch all over his house and he just stuck the candy on.  I was very impressed with both of their houses.  I just love this tradition.  I did it when I was a kid with my family and now I do it with mine.
 








 
Sadie's finished house.  She made a little road that goes around the house but she covered it up with snow.
 
 
Back view of her house with a little snowman.
 
 
My house.  Nothing fancy.  I probably make the same thing every year.
 

 
Ian's house.  He did such a great job.
 
 
More views of Ian's house.
 

 
Our gingerbread village.

No comments:

Post a Comment