Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Eve

This Christmas Eve was a really nice one.  I had already made most of my cookies so I wasn't in a rush to try to hurry and make things.  We did however stay up late wrapping presents.  It always takes longer than I think it will.  During the day we baked a little and spent time together.  We made and decorated sugar cookies and had our traditional dinner of chips and dip, sandwiches, and salad with our cookie party before bed.  This year we did a new thing too.  We put together a couple of plates of cookies and took them to some of our friends.  I thought the kids would not want to do it because they were hungry for dinner but they LOVED it.  Sadie kept wondering who's house we were going to next and she wanted to be the one to give out the cookies and say "Merry Christmas."  I think this may be a tradition we keep for years to come.  We had fun as a family, ate some good food, got new pajamas, and read some Christmas stories before going to bed.  I just love the feeling of Christmas.
 
 
Decorating sugar cookies.
 



 
The finished cookies.
 
 
When I was a kid my mom always made a bunch of cookies for Christmas Eve and we would eat them before we went to bed.  I have continued this tradition with my family.  This year I made several cookies.  Going clockwise-Biscotti, Russian Tea Cakes, Macaroons, Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, and Nutella Fudge in the middle.  I also made Oatmeal Raisin cookies but they were for a gift to someone.
 
 
Look at all of that powdered sugar.
 
 
New Christmas pajamas.  This is a tradition that Noah and I started with our kids when Sadie was a baby.
 
 
Hello Kitty for Sadie.

 
Lightning McQueen for Ian.
 
 
As the book says, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night."

1 comment:

  1. Those sugar cookies look really good. I'm not joking. I want one. Send me your recipe.

    ReplyDelete