Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas Eve is pretty much the same every year.  First we have our special dinner of sandwiches with turkey, roast beef and salami on croissants.  Yum!  We also have apricot jello salad and chips and dip.  We always eat on paper plates so that there is easy clean-up.  After we eat our dinner we open the boxes that came in the mail from our family and put the presents under the tree.  When I was growing up we did this too.  We would open the box that my Grandma McDonald sent us and put the presents under the tree.  It was always fun to see what we were sent.  After that we had our little party with hot chocolate and all of the cookies that I had been making all week.  After that Sadie and Ian opened one present from Noah and me that had new Christmas jammies in them.  Sadie was very excited about hers.  I think she told us at least 20 times how much she loved them and was so glad that we got them for her.  Then Sadie and Ian took a bath and then we read the Christmas story in Luke 2 and then we finished up with the book "Twas the Night before Christmas."  I always love to read that story.  Then they went to bed and Noah and I finished up some wrapping.  I always love Christmas Eve.  I am probably just as excited as Sadie is.  Here are a few pictures from that night.
 
 
Putting the presents under the tree.
 

 
Ian opening up his new jammies.  He was a little better than last year of course in opening presents.
 
 
Sadie knew exactly what to do.  She just ripped her present open.
 
 
Sadie and her new jammies.
 

 
These are all the cookies I made this year.  I made Sugar Cookies, Fudge, Russian Tea Cakes, Biscotti, and Cookie Dough Truffles.
 
 
Sadie with a little hot chocolate mustache.
 
 
Ian tried hot chocolate for the first time. He loved it of course. It is chocolate after all.
 
 
All clean and ready to go to bed.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment