Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve turned out to be a great day.  The days leading up to it were super busy so I didn't know if it would be a nice day.  I had been sick earlier in the week and that just threw off all of my cookie making.  Luckily I got all of them done and so I got to have a more laid back day on Christmas Eve.  I got up in the morning and prepped some dips and salad for that nights dinner.  I made sugar cookies with the kids too.  That was fun.  They are becoming more and more creative.  Especially Ian, he had a design in mind for each cookie he made.  We even had time to wrap presents and watch a movie during the day.  That evening we boxed up some cookies and delivered them to our friends.  The kids always love that.  Then we came home and had our traditional dinner with sandwiches, chips and dip and salad.  Noah's parents and Grandma were supposed to join us for dinner but they didn't quite make it in time.  They did make it in time for our hot chocolate and cookie party later though.  After dinner we opened the boxes from my family and put the presents under the tree.  The kids also opened up their new pajamas.  By then the grandparents showed up so we showered the kids and had our cookie party.  Yum!  We then left cookies for Santa and read our bedtime Christmas stories.  It was a great night!  Can't wait for the morning!!


Sugar Cookies
















Can you see Ian't duck snowman?







My little Santas all ready for dinner





PJ time!




Putting presents under the tree






Time for a cookie party!!



New headlamps from Grandpa


Story time

No comments:

Post a Comment