Thursday, July 17, 2014

4th of July!!!

I just love the 4th of July!  It is one of my favorite holidays.  This year I decided to take the kids to the McKinney 4th of July parade in the morning.  We got there early and got a good spot in the shade.  The weather was really nice out.  The parade was ok, but what is the 4th of July without going to a parade.  We came back home and the kids played for a little while I finished some last minute things for our family barbeque later.  It was so nice to have everyone over.  We also celebrated Ian's birthday that day since Noah's sister Wendi and her family were moving the next week.  By the way we are really going to miss them.  Anyways, the day was perfect.  We filled up on burgers and hotdogs and salad and cake and then finished the night with fireworks.  We were so glad that everyone stayed and went to the fireworks with us.



This is a cake that my Grandma has made every year for the the 4th of July.  I am continuing that tradition with my family.  It doesn't hurt that this cake tastes awesome!
 

A little fireworks treat.


I made this little bean centerpiece.  I think it turned out great.
 

Sadie wanted her picture taken by the cake.
 

He is ready to blow out those candles.
 



It was really hard to get a picture of Ian opening presents.  That kid just won't hold still.
 


I just saw this picture.  Hilarious!!
 

Ian and his best buddy Ava.  They are ready to see some fireworks.
 



Everyone loved the fireworks.  Well except for maybe Andrew.  Uncle Noah told him that the dinosaurs came out after the fireworks.  He kind of believed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment