Sunday, March 24, 2013

Barbie Party!

For Sadie's Birthday party she wanted a Barbie party.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  It was fun putting together all of the decorations.  The one hard thing was the Barbie cake.  They were pretty expensive to buy so I figured I would just make one.  I ended up being a little rushed putting it together due to a frosting tip malfunction but it turned out ok.  Every one thought it looked nice but I thought it was just ok.  Sadie LOVED it, so that is all that matters.  She kept telling me all day and the next day that she had so much fun at her party.  I guess I did do something right.  I am glad that she had a wonderful party.
 
 
Here is the table all put together.  We went with a pink and black color scheme.
 

 
I just love these straws.  I got them on Etsy.  We had Pink lemonade to drink so it looked perfect with the black straws.
 
 
The pretty napkins.
 
 
I found this idea on someone else's Barbie party blog.  You just wrap paper around a soup can and tie a ribbon.  Then just make some tissue paper flowers.  Super cute.
 
 
Here is the Barbie cake.  It turned out ok.  I wish I had had more time to work on it.  All that matters is that it tasted good and Sadie loved it.
 
 
We also had Oreo truffles...
 
 
and pink Rice Krispie treats.
 
 
We also had some Chex mix.
 
 
We just invited family to this party.  All Sadie cared about was having her little cousins come to the party with her Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents.
 
 
Ian just LOVES his chocolate cake.
 
 
After we had cake, Sadie opened her presents.
 
 
She got some horses and a stable from her Aunt Kris and Uncle Chris.
 
 
Stamps from Aunt Wendi and Uncle Jeff. 

 
 
Doll clothes from Madeline and Ava and Bonnie.
 
 
She of course got a new flashlight from her Grandpa.
 
 
And Barbie stuff from Grandma.
 
 
For an activity the girls all made these pipe cleaner rings.  I think they really liked them.
 
 
Sadie also insisted on playing Pin the bow on Barbie.  She loves to play these games but refuses to be blind-folded.  I just don't understand.
 
 
Ian wanted to get in on the action too.
 



 
I am so glad that Sadie had so much fun.  I am sure she is already planning her party for next year.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I sure miss your fantastic birthday party's :) Cute cake by the way!!

    ReplyDelete