Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 3: Caterpillar and Fruit snacks

This week we made caterpillars out of buttons.  I got the idea here.  Sadie had been a little sick but she still enjoyed making them.  I think it turned out pretty cute.




The finished product.

After getting some antibiotics for Strep Sadie was up to making some homemade fruit snacks.  I think they turned out tasty.  I need to double the recipe next time.  I used this recipe.  They tasted like Jello but had the texture of a fruit snack.  I think we will make several different flavors next time.


Stirring up the mixture.


The fruit snacks are getting all solid.  I just used the mini cube ice tray that I found at Albertsons.


The final product.  Strawberry fruit snacks.  They kept really well too.  They didn't even stick together or get all clumpy.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to catch up on you guys! Looks like you've been having a great summer. Can't wait to try the flubber!!

    ReplyDelete