Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A "Pinkalicious" 6th Birthday Party!!

On Sunday March 11th my little girl turned 6!  I can not believe it.  She is getting big so fast.  She loves everything princess and girly and loves her little brother.  Her favorite colors are red, pink and sometimes purple.  She loves school, all foods, movie night with popcorn and having "tickle parties" with her Daddy when he comes home from work.  I can't wait to see what kind of young woman she will grow up to be.  On her birthday it was Sunday so we didn't do anything really big for her birthday eventhough she told me that since it was her birthday we didn't have time to go to our classes at church.  She is funny.  She had her favorite breakfast of Rice Krispies and blueberrry muffins.  After breakfast she of course had to open her presents.  She had already gotten a present from us the day before.  It was a purple bike.  She loved it.  For dinner we had her favorite meal of pizza and a rainbow chip cake and vanilla ice cream.


My big 6 year old.

Ian gave her the princess phone that she had been eyeing for months at the Target check out.  As you can see she was super excited.



She was practicing reading the tag to see who the present was from.

On Saturday the 17th we had Sadie's birthday party.  She wanted a "Pinkalicious" party.  It was a lot of fun to put together.  It was an all girl party.  Her Grandma Craig, Aunt Kris, Aunt Wendi, Madeline, and our neighbor Kerrie and Libby came.  We had all kinds of pink treats, including pink cupcakes of course, played "Pin the cherry on the cupcake", made crowns, painted nails, and opened presents.  I think Sadie really loved it.  Here are some pictures of the party.


This is the table with all the fabulous pink treats.



The pink cupcakes of course.  I think they turned out super cute!  They tasted really good too.


This is the banner that I made for like $1.  I had most of the materials and used the idea from here.  I just added the letters.  I really loved it.


This is the "Pinkalicious" water.  I found the labels for the water and the favors, that you will see later, from here.  There was pink lemonade packets that you could mix into the water to make it pink of course.


We also had chocolate dipped strawberries and pretzels.


We also got some pink popcorn from a shop downtown.  It was watermelon flavored.  It was really good.

There was also a dish with pink Jellybellys and Hershey Kisses.

And you can't have a party without pink flowers.

Sadie making her crown.

Sadie and Libby.  Those are some cute girls.

Sadie and Madeline getting their nails done.

I put a lot of work into drawing and coloring a giant cupcake to play "Pin the cherry on the cupcake" and no one wanted to play it.  I finally got them to play it just by having them close their eyes instead of being blindfolded.

Princess Sadie and Princess Madeline.

Next of course is the opening of presents.



These are the favors that we gave out after the party.  It was green food of course.

The back of the favor.

Sadie wearing the dress that her Grandma Barrett gave her.

This is just a random picture of Ian on the morning of Sadie's party.  He is our official snake wrangler.
Thank you everyone who came and participated in Sadie's party.  She just loved having all of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment