I also got to go on a field trip with the 5th graders to the George Bush Presidential Library. It was actually really neat. We were a little rushed going through it but it was fun to see everything there. They had a replica of the oval office as he had it when he was president. That was neat. We also got to read and learn about things he did while in office and learn facts about his family and his life. It will be fun to go back another time when I can actually take my time going through it.
Oval office
The kids got to pretend they were the president and make decisions about war.
It also had a section on 9-11. This was a piece of steel from one of the towers. Sometimes I forget that none of these kids were alive when this happened.






No comments:
Post a Comment