So 5th grade camp. I had volunteered to go at the beginning of the year but by the time for camp came I wasn't really looking forward to going. I mean 3 days with a bunch of 5th graders. But it was actually so much fun! Me and my partner had a great group of girls. And there were a lot of fun activities. We did however do ALOT of walking. I think in one day we walked like 11 miles. At least the weather was just beautiful!
When we arrived at camp we found our cabin and we all ate lunch. Then we were off to our first activity.
Our first activity was canoeing and fishing. It was really, really windy out that day. There was no way I was getting in a boat with 5th grade girls. I did not want to be tipped over.
Because of the wind the groups were getting blown all over the lake. They had a hard time coming back in. I think one group had to be rescued.
Fishing. Sadie did not catch a fish, although she really wanted to.
Then we walked down to another side of the lake to look for organisms in the water. And as a good mom I let Sadie use my rain boots in the mud.
During free time that day our group went and did Archery.
Our group sat at the same table for every meal. The food was actually not too bad either. I was impressed that our girls wanted to keep our table clean. After every meal they made sure to wipe it down and sweep under it.
That night we also had a bonfire with s'mores and each group did their little skit.
The next day we went on a hike and learned about different ecosystems and just all about nature. Our counselor Lucy was the best!!
On our last day they did a race. There were different activities at each station and they were timed at each one. At this one they had to build a model of an energy efficient windmill or something like that.
Here they had to build 3 different kinds of shelters. We made ours barbie sized. The last station they did something with erosion.
We also did a CSI activity. They had to look at the scene and try to figure out what happened. They were all environmental disasters.
On the last day they did a challenge course that ended with a big rock climbing wall. Sadie didn't want to climb it though.
After that we ate lunch and loaded the buses and headed home. I am so glad that I went. It was so much fun!













































No comments:
Post a Comment