So Noah and I finally got to go on our first trip ALONE without children! It was our 15 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for that long. It has gone by so fast. Well after much deliberation we decided to go back to the cabins in Oklahoma for a vacation. We drove up to Wichita Falls on Sunday after church to take the kids to Noah's parents house. We stayed the night there and then in the morning Noah and I took off for the cabin. It was a 4 hour drive so it wasn't too bad. I had printed off some marriage question games. It was fun. After we got to the cabin we just relaxed and laid around and then we made some dinner. Sorry for all the pictures.
Bathroom
Entry way
I had Noah grill some burgers for dinner and we also had this amazing grilled corn with a basil butter on it. It was sooo good.
For dessert we made grilled peaches with ice cream and a pecan brown sugar sauce on top. So Yummy!!
The next day we decided to do a little exploring around town. The last time that we came here the lake and river was all flooded so we didn't get to go see much. This time we saw everything. It was so pretty here. In the morning we went and played some miniature golf. It was fun to play just the 2 of us. Next to the golf is a little ice cream spot so we of course had to get some ice cream. Then we took off to go drive down by the lake and the river. There are so many things to do. I can't wait to bring the kids back next time.
The drive down to the river.
The river
We stopped at a little history building/ gift shop.
Driving over the dam to get to the lake.
The lake. There were lots of rocks by the lake. We had to pick out a few to bring back to the kids.
That night for dinner we went out to eat at a restaurant in town. It was ok. After that we headed home. I had kept Noah out in nature for too long. He is not much for the outdoors. But being the good husband that he is, he still built me a fire to roast marshmallows on even though it was probably still 80 something degrees out. He must really love me, or something. We roasted s'mores and soaked in the hot tub. A great way to end the day.
The next morning we relaxed a little and packed up and headed back to Noah's parents house. On the way we stopped in Gainsville to get a Fried Pie. I had been there before but last time I was pregnant with Sadie and everything made me want to throw up so this time I actually enjoyed it. It would have enjoyed it more if the lady in front of us didn't take the last 3 chocolate pies! It was so nice to spend some time alone together even if it was only for a couple days. Hopefully it won't take us 15 years to do it again.














































No comments:
Post a Comment