Saturday, April 30, 2016

Girl's trip to Waco!!

Since I know that all of you have watched the "Fixer Upper" show you know how cool it is that I actually live 2 hours away from where the Magnolia Market is in Waco, TX.  My friend, Jessica, and I have wanted to go to Waco for a while now and we finally got the chance to go.  And to go without kids!  It was so nice.  The weather was just perfect.  We left about 7am and started our drive.  We stopped in West, TX to go to the Czech Stop for some kolaches for breakfast.  It was a busy place!  I guess everyone knows they are tasty.  I felt a little rushed in picking what I wanted but I still ended up with some tasty kolaches.  After that we headed to the Silos and we were not the only ones.  There were a lot of people there and I am glad we weren't the only ones taking pictures every where.  We wandered around the store for awhile and then we went and sat at one of the cute picnic tables outside while we waited for it to be lunch time.  They have several food trucks that are on the grounds to choose from.  We chose a crepe one.  I picked a savory crepe, and Jessica got a sweet one and we just each ate half.  It was sooo good.  I would go back just for the crepes.  After lunch we headed to the Harp Design Co.  They had some cute stuff inside.  Then we drove around Cameron Park in Waco.  It is a huge park.  There were some cool lookouts that we stopped at too.  Next we drove to the Waco suspension bridge.  It is supposed to be like the longest suspension bridge west of the Mississippi at one point.  It was pretty to walk across.  On our way out of town we stopped at a cupcake shop that has been featured on the show.  The cupcakes were pretty good!  Then we headed home.  It was so nice to spend the day with my friend and to not to have to load and unload kids in the car.  We have already made plans to go back!



Magnolia Market


Inside the store.







The cute little fairy gardens









Yum! Lunch!




Cameron Park





Suspension bridge









Yummy, chocolate cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment