Thursday, January 14, 2016

G is for Granola

This week we did activities for the letter G!  We played a game where Ian had to GET all of the letters.  I laid the alphabet out on the floor.  I would call out a letter and Ian had to find it and slap it with the fly swatter.  He really liked doing that.  We also made some really good granola.  I found the recipe here.  It was easy and fun to make and it tasted good.  For our craft we made a paper plate guitar.  Ian loves guitars and he was super excited to make this one.  He really loves it.  Then one day we went on a gingerbread man hunt.  We read the book "Gingerbread Man." Then I went and got his lunch ready and made him a gingerbread man shaped sandwich.  Instead of putting it on his plate I left crumbs and hid clues for Ian to follow to try to catch the gingerbread man.  He loved following the clues so much he made me hide his sandwich again so he could follow the clues again.  He kept saying "run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread man!"  I think he liked that activity.  We also learned about the Gila Monster.  Ian thought that animal was pretty cool.


Get that letter!!



Ready to make some granola.








He was very ready to make a guitar.









 



Now he was ready to rock out!

  
Gingerbread man hunt.







No comments:

Post a Comment