This Thanksgiving went great! No one was sick and we left on time and got to Oklahoma City when we wanted to. We had time to go wander around "The North Pole" store. They have such pretty Christmas decorations in there. It just feels like Christmas in there. After that the kids went swimming. We didn't swim for long though. Usually the pool water is heated and nice and warm. This time it was not! It was freezing cold. I didn't even get in. Sadie did. Crazy girl. Ian went over to the hot tub and just played with the bubbles. He was the smart one. After that we got the kids showered and dressed and we went to dinner at Red Robin. I just love that place! We headed back to the hotel and got ready for bed. Things just went really smooth this time around. Sometimes we try to cram too much stuff into a small amount of time and we get too rushed. A lot of Noah's family was missing this Thanksgiving due to travel and work but it was nice to just have a small Thanksgiving. It was weird not having Papa there though. He was definitely missed. We still had all the great food that we always have. All I care about though is the killer corn. That is my favorite. Every year I watch Noah's mom and Grandma make it so that one day I can make it too. It had been raining all day on Thanksgiving so we tried to head out before it was too dark. It down poured the whole way home! There were times that it was raining so hard we could barely see in front of us. I was so happy to get home! It was scary!
The North Pole
We got Ian one of those magic marker coloring books for the drive up. He colored it almost the whole way there. Even at the hotel he said "I just need to color one more page before bed." I think he liked.
Detective Ian
The boys relaxing.























No comments:
Post a Comment