I just love this time of year! The weather starts to change and it is not so hot and it is State Fair of Texas time!! Well one of those was true this year. We did go to the fair but the weather was still hot! The day was still fun though. We got there when they opened and stayed until about 2pm or so. I love going to the fair, mostly for the fried food. We did our usual things and did "little hands on the farm," and went to pet all of the animals. We did add the dog show this year. The kids LOVED it. They said it was the best show ever. It is definitely geared towards kids. I did't think it was all that great. Next we looked at the butter sculpture and then got some lunch. We then went and got our free ice cream cone in the Food and Fiber Pavillion. Now it was on to the sculptures made out of cans and the carousel. They both love the carousel but Ian won't ride on a horse. He wants to sit in one of the dragon chairs. Silly boy. Since it was getting hot outside we decided to head home. It was a great day! I can't wait until next year!
My little helpers
And now all the goat feeding pictures. I did better this year and didn't take a million goat feeding pictures.
Cute baby pigs
See the little joey in the pouch?
They both actually looked at the camera, at the same time!
Butter sculpture
They are ready for lunch!
Mmmm, Fletcher's corn dogs.
And it is not a trip to the fair without fried cookie dough.
Carousel time!

No comments:
Post a Comment