Sunday, June 22, 2014

Week 2: Smoothies, bird feeders, and sewing.

Well it is week 2.  So far everyone is still alive.  I forgot to mention in my last post that every week we are also learning about a different animal and we are reading Charlotte's Web.  Sadie really loves the book.  Ian not so much.  He usually sits with us for a minute and then wanders off.  They have also really enjoyed learning about the animals.  It is amazing how much they actually remember.  Well for this week for our baking we made smoothies.  I found the recipe here.  They had a lot of fun making it but they didn't like them.  Again they were too cold.  I guess my kids don't like cold things.  I thought the smoothies tasted good.



They each had to take a turn blending the drink.
 



Finished product.
 

One of our activities after Ian's nap was to make bird feeders.  I found the idea here.  Sadie and Ian really liked making them.  I was surprised that Ian was a lot cleaner in making his than Sadie.  I guess he just takes after me in that respect. 
 


Stirring up the seeds.
 

Pressing the seed into the cookie cutters.
 

Sadie's feeders.
 

Ian's feeders.
 
 A few days later, after they dried, we hung them outside.  For some reason I haven't seen any birds or even squirrels try to eat them.  Maybe the birds around here have plenty of food.


No comments:

Post a Comment