Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Week 1: Frozen bananas, sewing, and critters.

Every summer I try to come up with activities for the kids to do so that they don't drive me crazy.  Now that Ian is bigger it seems like I have to come up with even more ideas.  I came up with our schedule just like I have in previous summers.  So far so good.  We are only one week in so we will see how it goes.  For our baking this week we made frozen bananas.  I found the idea here.  The kids had fun making them.  I thought they tasted good but the kids just ate the chocolate off of the banana because they said they were too cold.


All ready to start .


Cutting the bananas and putting them on sticks.
 
 



 All dipped and frozen and ready to eat.


 They both just ate the chocolate part.  Oh well.  I thought they tasted good.

 

For our craft while Ian took a nap, Sadie practiced sewing.  She told me before school was out that she wanted to learn how to sew this summer.  I figured we could give it a shot.  I found some sewing practice sheets here.   Sadie did a great job just sewing along the lines.  I think she has a real talent.  She also really enjoyed doing it.
 



 These are her sheets that she sewed.  She did an awesome job staying on the lines!



Another activity that we did was to make Pipe cleaner critters.  I found the idea here.  The kids LOVED them.  They played with them for the rest of the afternoon.  It was great!  They were also very easy to make.
 
 


Sadie's turtle.
 

Ian's spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment