Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 10: Paper plate fish and Granola bars

This week we made fish out of paper plates and made Granola bars.  Sadie was super excited to make the fish.  I got the idea off of Pinterest but the website it came off of is a foreign website so I couldn't really link to it.  I stapled the fish together and drew the lines on it for her to paint.  She was very careful to paint inside the lines.  She knew exactly how she wanted it.  I think it turned out beautiful.  Sadie is pretty creative I think.
 

 
The fish all ready to be painted.
 
 
She painted every scale one at a time.  This was a great project because it took her awhile to complete.
 
 
This picture is just for you Mom.  She does have some McDonald blood in her.
 
 
The final product.  I love it!  She did a great job.
 
 
She was very proud of her fish.
 
 
We also made granola bars.  These bars are my favorite.  I may have blogged about them before but here is the recipe.  I one-and-a- half the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan.  I also add cinnamon to it and nuts and I use dark chocolate chips that I just stir in so they melt a little.  I accidentally put too many chocolate chips in this time so they were a little too chocolatey but they were still good.
 

 
Mixing the dry ingredients.
 
 
Stirring up the good stuff.
 
 
Pressing them into the pan.
 
 
Yum! Granola bars!

1 comment:

  1. Love you fish! I think Alexis would love that project!

    ReplyDelete