Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Eve

I know I am a little late in posting these pictures but it is better late than never.  I have been a little busy.  We did our regular things on Christmas Eve.  I of course took on too many things to do and was going crazy but it all got done and we had a wonderful evening.  I didn't get a picture of the cookies I made this year but they were tasty.  We decorated gingerbread houses in the afternoon.  Sadie was so excited to make hers.  She couldn't wait.  She did a really good job this year.  Every year she gets a little better.  We had our traditional dinner of sandwiches, chips and dip, and salad for dinner.  After dinner we had our little party with hot chocolate and cookies.  We then opened up the shipping boxes that my family sent to us with their presents in them and put them under the tree.  We always did this when I was a kid with the presents from my grandparents and we continue this tradition with our family now.  After that we opened one gift that had our new pajamas in it.  I love this tradition and I love new pajamas.  After that we read the Christmas story and then read "Twas the Night Before Christmas."  Sadie was so ready to go to bed.  She was super excited.  Here are some pictures from the day.


This is Sadie's Gingerbread house.  She did a great job.


This is Noah's house.  He spends way too much time on his houses.


Another picture of Sadie's house.



This is our tree.  I think it turned out great this year.  It smelled so good.  The tree was so fresh the branches could barely hold up the ornaments.  Every so often we would hear an ornaments just fall onto the floor.


Sadie and Ian in their new pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment