Sadie standing next to the big bear in the gift shop. I was supprised she would even stand next to it.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Northwest Trek
So I know I said that I was going to keep up with my posts while on vacation but aparently I lied. Now I get to play catch-up. While I was in Washington we went with my family, including Whitney, Caren, my Mom and Dad, Stuart, my Grandma and Grandpa, and my Aunt Sue, to this place called the Northwest Trek. It is an outdoor wilderness park. It was really neat. The weather was perfect too. You get to walk around and see animals and also you get to ride a train of sorts and go see the bigger animals that are out roaming around in the wilderness. Sadie loved it. We saw lots of really neat animals. The following pictures show more of what we did and saw.
Sadie and Noah looking at.....
A cute little river otter.
We also saw a Badger. He kept trying to hide from us but he would peek his head out to see us.
A family picture.
We also saw a Golden Eagle. That is a pretty big bird and very pretty.
After we had wandered around for a little while we got on the train thing. Whitney and Caren were looking at something but I am not sure what.
While on the train we saw a herd of Bison. They are pretty big animals. There were even some baby ones with them.
I think this was a Long-Horned sheep with its baby but I could be wrong.
Mom and Dad looking around at the scenery.
I think this was my favorite thing that we saw on the train. It was a huge Moose just laying in the grass keeping cool. It was neat.
A herd of Elk. All of the females were hanging out together.
In case you can't tell all those things that look like sticks in the grass are the antlers of all the male Elk. They of course are relaxing in the shade.
Sadie and Noah. Sadie was starting to get a little hungry at this point but she loved it.
Now she is all smiles because she gets to eat. We decided to stop and eat in the trek cafe after we rode on the train. Sadie wasn't going to make it much longer. When she is hungry she is hungry.
For some reason when I got out her medicine she jumped up onto the table and sat there. Silly girl.
Eating her turkey sandwich. Once she tasted the fries she was of course done with the sandwich and only ate fries.
Some more of the family eating lunch.
After we ate lunch and did all of the potty breaks we went and saw some more animals. One of them was this beautiful Bald Eagle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Has Sadie ever seen Bindi the Jungle Girl shows? She'd probably adore all the snakes that Bindi likes!
ReplyDelete