On Wednesday of last week I had the wonderful opportunity to go home and go to my brother Tom's wedding. I had wanted to fly out to California because that is where he was getting married but it was over $100 cheaper to fly to my parent's house in Washington and then drive down with them to California so that is what I did. It was a very long drive. It took 15 hours to get there and 14 hours on the way back. It was really nice to be able to spend time with my parents though. There was a lot of pretty scenery on the way down. Unfortunatley that prettyness didn't extend into the rest area bathrooms. Yuck! Oh well. We stayed in a really nice hotel in Turlock, CA. They had really good breakfasts in the morning. It was weird to be there without Sadie. Sadie had fun with her Dad while I was gone though. They went to see the move "How to Train your Dragon" in 3D. She loved it. They of course went to McDonalds 3 times which was more than the 1 time I had told them that they could go. Oh well. All that matters is that they had fun, not the fact that Noah fed Sadie birthday cake for dinner one night and they because she was hungry on the way home from the party Noah got her some McDonalds fries for dinner. She sure loved having all of that Daddy time though.
The wedding was really beautiful. They seem really happy together. It is weird to think that Tom is married though. He is the second one in the family to get married. Since I have been married for 9 years I was starting to wonder if anyone else was going to get married. Finally someone did. I will post some pictures from the wedding as soon as Tom says that it is ok.
Here are some pictures though from the road trip. There was a lot to see.

We drove through a lot of farmland. It was pretty.
All along the road in Oregon there were these trees that were completely covered in moss.

Our first view of Mt. Shasta in Oregon.

We are getting closer to it.

This is the view of Mt. Shasta at a rest area.

The view from the Oakland Temple. It was gorgeous. It overlooks the San Fransisco Bay.

More view from the Temple.

The Oakland California Temple.
Ah, a weekend away from the kids, staying in a a hotel...I am jealous :) I am glad that you had a good time at your brother's wedding. And even though the car trip was long, you will remember that time with your parents. Kind of cool to be hanging our with the family just you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time. I'm glad you got away.
ReplyDeleteOh the Oakland temple how I love you! Isn't it gorgeous there? Did you get a chance to walk along the top of the temple and lookout into the city? That is where Eddie proposed to me...It'll always have a dear place in my heart. I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip!
ReplyDelete