Sunday, July 1, 2018

Ian's Finger

So Ian did this on Sunday.  I was sitting in Gospel Doctrine when one of the women in the Primary Presidency comes up behind me and tells me that Ian has cut his finger.  I thought well how bad could it be?  I walk into the hall to see his teacher walking to me with Ian.  His hand is wrapped in paper towels.  She says that it is pretty bad.  Again how bad could he cut his hand at church?  She shows me his hand and his finger is flopped open like a ketchup bottle lid.  I almost threw up.  I quickly wrap it back up and take him to Noah, who is teaching his primary class, and tell him he need to take Ian to the ER right now.  He looks at his finger and rushes out the door with him.  They went to the hospital just here in town.  I stayed at church with Sadie because I just don't do well with this kind of stuff.  Ian was being so brave.  He wasn't even crying but he did look awfully pale.  He later told me he almost threw up in Daddy's car on the way to the hospital.  Luckily the hospital was not busy, in fact Noah had to hunt down someone at the ER desk.  He was like "um, severed finger here!"  Ian was brought right back, numbed up and stitched back up.  Ian was a champ.  The doctors kept telling him how brave he was.  As soon as they came home though and he saw me he ran into my arms and lost it.  Poor little boy.  He said the worst part was he had to get a shot in his butt.  I was in shock and felt queasy and was worried the whole time while I waited for them to come home.  Luckily they were able to sew the tip back on and he should heal up nicely.  After many talks with people at church and his worried teachers, I found out he did this in a metal folding chair in his class.  Ian's fingers were in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Poor kid.




No comments:

Post a Comment