Wednesday, July 4, 2018

4th of July

I love, love, love the 4th of July.  This year was no exception.  We got up and went to our Ward's breakfast at Valley Creek park.  There is a guy in our ward that made some amazing dutch oven breakfast foods.  Yum!  The Primary kids had a little bike parade.  Ian loved it.  After that they had a bunch of games for the kids.  I had wanted to go to the local parade but neither of the kids wanted to leave the park and go.  Unfortunately when we got in the car to go home Ian thought we were headed to the parade.  When I told him we missed it he started to cry.  He thought I was just going to save seats at the parade earlier not actually go to the parade.  I guess there is always next year.  At home we got ready for family to come over for a bbq.  I also let the kids watch "Independance Day" with me.  Watching it has been a tradition since I was a kid.  Later Noah's family came over for dinner and hung out.  It is always nice to have Noah's family over.  The burgers were great and so was the cake!  Later that evening we headed over to fireworks.  The weather was just perfect that night.  The kids played with their bubble guns.  Ian made friends with every kid that walked by.  The fireworks show was really good this year.  Afterwards we headed home and went to bed.  It was a wonderful day!
































No comments:

Post a Comment